We love @9jafoodie! She has some of the easiest recipes to follow. This is one of our absolute faves. Super easy and tastes so good.
Shrimp Coconut Fried rice with Plantains
Her secret tip! - Make sure the prepared rice is completely cool before mixing it into the stir fried vegetables.
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Rice – 2 cups
- Water or Stock– 1 cup
- Maggi – 2 cubes
- Salt- To taste
- Curry, thyme and nutmeg – 1/2 teaspoon each
- Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Onion (chopped) – 1/2 medium
- Mixed vegetables – 1 cup
- Green pepper (chopped) – 1 large
- Shrimps pre cooked (optional) – 1 cup
- Place a pot on medium heat, add in the coconut milk, water, salt, curry, thyme, nutmeg and one maggi cube. Combine. Cover the pot until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Add in the rice. Simmer on low-medium heat until rice is cooked and there is no more liquid in the rice. Set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil. Add in the chopped onions, green pepper , maggi and mixed vegetable. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in already cooked rice and shrimps. Combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Simmer for 1-2 more minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
For more of 9jafoodie's delicious recipes, check out her website!
Are you going to try it out? Let us know what you think!